Understanding the intricacies of cross-border investigations
Global Investigations Review (GIR) is a unique service analysing the law and practice of international investigations.
With an established network of contacts, our dedicated team of journalists travel worldwide to provide you with everything an investigations professional needs to stay informed. Our service covers daily news on global enforcement actions and legal developments, alongside exclusive data, surveys and practical guides.
Coverage extends to government agency investigations and internal corporate investigations into matters including international anti-bribery and corruption, financial services misconduct, antitrust, fraud, money laundering, sanctions violations, tax avoidance and evasion, and more. Where relevant, GIR includes pdfs of original court documents, SEC filings, and other primary documents in news stories.
The insider view on the FCPA enforcement landscape
GIR Just Anti-Corruption provides daily updates on Foreign Corrupt Practices Act-related matters, including regular scoops, news and analysis, and interviews. From GIR’s office in Washington, DC, the team searches through all FCPA case dockets and SEC filings daily to tracks new and ongoing FCPA investigations, enforcement actions, monitorships, and related costs.
The insider view on worldwide sanctions enforcement
In 2019, GIR launched Just Sanctions, a new section of the website and regular newsletter focused on high-stakes sanctions investigations and enforcement.
The service provides bespoke content, including interviews, surveys, and conference reports, as well as data collections on sanctions enforcement and coverage of the advisers hired to guide companies through big investigations, settlement negotiations and monitorships.
Research and benchmarking
The best lawyers, the biggest cases and the agencies to watch out for in one place
GIR publishes independent, renowned signature surveys including the GIR 100: the annual guide to the world’s leading firms for corporate internal investigations.
GIR Just Anti-Corruption publishes the FCPA Counsel Tracker, which lists the main advisors on every resolved case since Siemens in 2008, and the names of those chosen to lead FCPA monitorships dating back to 2004.
Discover how to conduct internal investigations around the world
GIR produces practical guides that are aimed at helping investigators understand the perils and pitfalls that can arise when conducting internal investigations in different jurisdictions.
Connect with world leading experts at GIR Live
GIR Live hosts events throughout the year in key jurisdictions on the main issues in investigations law. Each event brings together speakers and delegates from in-house, private practice, forensic consultancies and government authorities.
Delegates will enjoy comprehensive updates, reviews of recent cases, practical advice and the opportunity to hear directly from authorities. Networking breaks, regular Q&A sessions, case studies and symposiums allow delegate interaction.
GIR is the hub of the international investigations community. GIR Insight is an integral part of that. We partner with leading lawyers, forensics advisers, in-house counsel and enforcement agencies to provide more in-depth perspectives on the topics that we cover in our news, surveys and events.
Insight is organised in three series:
- Annual regional reviews looking at hot topics and trends across Europe, The Middle East and Africa Region, the Americas and the Asia Pacific Region.
- Know-hows on the practical challenges of investigations, e.g. maximising privilege protection or financial services misconduct. These are questionnaire-based.
- The Practitioner's Guide to Global Investigations, our big book about how to conduct a cross-border investigation.
GIR subscription information
A subscription is required for full access to Global Investigations Review and GIR Just Anti-Corruption.
For more information, please contact us.
For daily news alerts, sign up for free to the news briefing.
- Aurelién Hamelle, Total
- Lista Cannon, Norton Rose Fulbright
- Edward Davis, Sequor Law
- Nicola Bonucci, Paul Hastings
- Bruno Cova, Delfino e Associati Willkie Farr & Gallagher
- Luke Tolaini, Clifford Chance
- Corinne A Lammers, Paul Hastings
- James Wadham, Davis Polk & Wardwell
- Karolos Seeger, Debevoise & Plimpton
- William Burck, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan
- Bruce Yannett, Debevoise & Plimpton
- John Rhie, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan
- Matthew Bruce, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Claudius Sokenu, Cognizant
- Ali Sallaway, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Anne Riley
- Francis Joseph Warin, Gibson Dunn & Crutcher
- Stephen Gentle, Simmons & Simmons
- Brian Spiro, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Bernd R Mayer, Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom
- Kyle Wombolt, Herbert Smith Freehills
- John Rupp, Steptoe & Johnson
- Jean-Luc Guitera, KPMG
- Nicolas Bourtin, Sullivan & Cromwell
- Marc Henzelin, Lalive
- Shin Jae Kim, TozziniFreire Advogados
- George J Terwilliger III, McGuireWoods
- Kimberly A Parker, WilmerHale
- James Tillen, Miller & Chevalier
- Crispin Rapinet, Hogan Lovells
Published by Law Business Research Limited – an independent, multi award-winning publisher of research, data and analysis on international business law and international legal markets.