Established in 1890, Tilleke & Gibbins is a leading Southeast Asian regional law firm with over 130 lawyers and consultants practicing in Bangkok, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Jakarta, Phnom Penh, Vientiane, and Yangon.
Our firm represents the top investors and the high-growth companies that drive economic expansion in Asia in the key areas of commercial transactions and M&A, dispute resolution and litigation, and intellectual property.
Tilleke & Gibbins advises clients on anti-corruption matters in Southeast Asia. Many countries where we work are attractive destinations for foreign investment. They are also high-risk environments for corruption, asset concealment, fraud, and other forms of economic crime. The U.S. government has made prosecutions under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) a national priority, and more cases under the U.K. Bribery Act are expected. In addition, ASEAN governments are increasing their own anti-corruption efforts. Failing to curb or prevent corruption can have devastating economic, legal, and reputational consequences.
Through our multi-jurisdictional presence, we assist clients seamlessly across borders. Our attorneys and consultants are deeply knowledgeable about local business practices and cultures, which allows us to provide a unique blend of legal and practical advice in this complex field.
- Advising clients on local anti-corruption laws, regulatory regimes, and business culture
- Designing, advising, and implementing compliance programs
- Advising clients on the FCPA and the U.K. Bribery Act
- Conducting anti-corruption due diligence on agents, partners, and M&A targets
- Performing anti-corruption risk assessments
- Overseeing internal corporate investigations
- Defending and prosecuting corruption-related allegations
- Assisting with asset recovery and protection
16th Floor, Phnom Penh Tower
#445, Monivong Blvd, Sangkat Boeung Pralit
Khan 7 Makara
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Tel: +855 23 964 210
Fax: +855 23 964 215