SCOPE OF DATA PROTECTION LAWS RELEVANT TO CROSS-BORDER INVESTIGATIONS
1. What laws and regulations in your jurisdiction regulate the collection and processing of personal data? Are there any aspects of those laws that have specific relevance to cross-border investigations?
4. What is the scope of application of data protection laws in your jurisdiction? What activities trigger the application of data protection laws, to whom do they apply and what is their territorial extent?
14. What is the position and status of law firms under data protection laws? Are law firms directly accountable for data processing under data protection laws, or is responsibility for processing by law firms shared between the law firm and the client?
16. Are there any additional requirements, beyond those specified above, that regulate the disclosure of data to third parties within your jurisdiction for the purpose of reviewing the content of documents, etc?
23. Provide a list of relevant materials, including any decisions or guidance of the data protection authority in your jurisdiction regarding internal and external investigations, and transfers to regulators or enforcement authorities within and outside your jurisdiction.